The Knights practice together twice per week at Oklahoma Christian University. Runners are expected to run on their own the other days of the week, taking Sundays off. Here are some important details:
Practice is from 6:30pm to 9pm (CHANGE FROM LAST YEAR)
Runners are expected to bring water bottles to every practice.
Runners should wear sweats to practice during the cooler months.
Parents are not expected to stay for practice, but should be available by cell phone in case of emergency.
Click here for the OC practice location.
NEW LOCATION - During the month of August, we meet at an offsite location on Thursday nights. Click here for a map to our offsite training area.
Coaches will use our GroupMe account for last minute changes.
Runners are expected to make every practice. Obtain a coach's excusal ahead of time to miss a practice or race.
1. Understand that you represent Christ, your family, and your team.
2. Be courteous to those we come into contact with, both at practice and at competitions.
3. Demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times. This means being modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
4. Show respect to the schools, volunteers, and officials hosting our practices and races.
5. Refrain from the use of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs.
6. Avoid the use of profanity or demeaning speech.
7. Be encouragers.
8. Understand that the team comes before the welfare of an individual runner.
9. Show up for practice on time, ready to run at 7pm. Roll call with coaches is from 6:50 to 7:00.
10. Accomplish home-practice workouts as assigned. Too many missed workouts will result in moving down one level (e.g. Black squad to Grey squad).
11. Obtain a coach's excusal ahead of time to miss a practice or race.
12. Obtain a coach's permission prior to engaging in other athletic events.
13. Seek to resolve personal conflicts with teammates. Speak to them first and seek reconciliation. Elevate problems to a coach if necessary.
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him.